Here is a complete guide for setting up your Living Avatars module on your SMF For Free Forum.About Living Avatars
Living Avatars is a module that SMF For Free has added to all forums. It's used so you can create unique avatars however you would like.
The Living Avatar System goes off of posts that you have made on the forum. When posting, you are given points, use those points to create your unique avatar with this system!Installing
To install the Living Avatars mod, go to Admin > Living Avatars!
Click on the link Install now
Your Living Avatars Mod is now installed. After installed, it should give you links for the Admin Section for Living Avatars, and the user section for Living Avatars.
This part of the guide will tell you how to manage & administrate the Living Avatars System on your forum.
View Groups & Items
This will show you all of the groups that are contained in the Living Avatar System on your forum.
The first page that you are on is the main page. It should only have folders for containing the Living Avatar items, accessories, and genders.View Groups Contents
Viewing the groups contents is viewing everything inside of that folder from the first page.
After clicking, there should be more folders. The folders should be the parent group of the first folder that you clicked on.Item Modification
If you are looking at a bunch of items and you want to modify them, this part of the guide will define what each text is.
- Item Preview - A preview of the item- This cannot be modified.
- Item Name - The name of the item, you may modify it to whatever name you like.
- Group - The group that the item is in, you can use the drop-down menu to change the group for it. (For more on groups see the next section)
- Status - Tells you if the item is online or offline. If the item is online it can be purchased, if the item is online it can be purchased, if it is offline it can not be purchased.
- Item Cost - How many points are required to purchase this item.
- Purchase Count - Shows how many times this item has been purchased.
- Purchase Limit - This is how many times the item may be purchased, you may increase or decrease as you wish.
You can edit the groups in the Living Avatar system for your forum, to do so, simple go into any folder (the one you wish to add the folder/group too) and click:
It will ask you for the following information, all of their details are here:
Install New Items
- Group Title - The title of the folder/group.
- Parent Group - The group that this folder will go after, use the drop-down menu to select the group that this one will go into. Selecting nothing will not put it into any folder, it will make it the first one that you see.
- Status - The status of this group/folder, use the drop-down menu to put it online or offline. Putting it online means it can be used, offline means it can not be used.
Depending on when you install this module to your forum, there may be some more items that have been added and you may not quite have them. You can install them here.
There are 2 folders that are in this section, all containing the items for the Living Avatars module for your forum, if there are any new items, look under: # of New Items Found
, and then click the Install
. If there are no new items, congrulations, you have all the most recent new items for your Living Avatar system!Settings
These are the general setting for your Living Avatar System.
Currently, the only part that you can edit is the Avatar Settings
Below will show you what each of the setting are for:
- Avatar Width - The default width for an avatar.
- Avatar Height - The default height for an avatar.
- Default Points Cost - The default number of points an item will cost if you do not specify how much the item is.
Going here will show you a list of who has admin access to the Living Avatars of your forum.
You can add another administrator by clicking the Add New Administrator
link, and entering their name on the forum to grant them admin access.
This section does not have much to it as it has not been completed.
This part of the guide will tell you everything you need to know about creating your unique avatar!
The main page will give you instructions on how the living avatar system works. It will also show you what your current avatar is, your username, and how many points you currently have.Purchase Item
Here is where you can start creating your avatar by purchasing the type of avatar you would like, and the items and accessories for the avatar as well.
Navigate to the group that contains what you need.
After you have found the item, simply click the Purchase Now
link that is below it.
If the item is already purchased it will say Item Purchased
underneath it.Edit Avatar
After you are done purchasing all the items and accessories that you need, you are now ready to create your avatar!
Click the Edit Avatar
link at the very top to start creating.
Below will define what each text is for:
Creating Your Avatar
- Avatar Canvas - Will show you what your current avatar is, you can move the items on the avatar, and the avatar itself around here.
- Item Properties - Where you will modify where the item will on your avatar.
- Item Preview - A preview of the item you currently have selected, includes the name and the preview.
- Click the person/avatar that you would like to start working on. After clicked, click the Add Item button. You may now move the avatar around in the Avatar Canvas area.
- Click any item that you would like to add to your avatar, remember to click the Add Item button each time. After you click the Add Item button, it will show that you have it selected under Item Preview
- You may now move the items around in the Avatar Canvas area, so they may go on your avatar in the desired place. Remember you can either click on the item in the Avatar Canvas area and move it around, or you may use the buttons to move the items.
- After all your items are where they need to be on the avatar, click Save Avatar.
That should cover just about Living Avatars. If you require any more assistance you may post in this topic.